Principle Climates: Taiga, Tundra, Alpine, Temperate (plains & forest), desert, salt flats
Major Geographic Occurrences
- Sea of Grinding Death – arctic sea jammed with pack-ice for much of the year. Thaws open during late summer and freezes solid in late winter for a few weeks during the Long Night.
- Nordvelt – taiga and alpine forests stretching south from the Face of Sien ice sheet to the feet of the Algranor mountains
- Icevein River – flowing from the mountains north to the sea of grinding death, branching off from the Icevein midway through the Nordvelt is the Angerrun River, flowing East to the Kallen Ocean.
- Algranor Mountains – high altitude ‘young’ chain from the Northern Boarders of the Sapphire Coast (a part of the Kallen ocean) west to midway through the Flats of Sadiz.
- Flats of Sadiz – desert and salt flats bordering the Murksea (inland salt-sea) and the southern edge of the Algranor mts, stretching west for many miles. Also known as the Benin Desert to natives.
- Alsind River – flowing from the mountains south east through Lake Besmus to join with the Mielig River and run into the Sapphire Coast via the Port of Isles delta.
- Mielig River – flowing from the extreme southwest of Henal northeast to join with the Alsind river and flow into the Sapphire Coast via the Port of Isles delta.
- Speartip Bay – marking the northern boundary of the Sapphire Coast, it cuts several miles inland into the Algranor Mountains. Small beaches and high cliffs with many caverns above and below water level.
- Dagger Coast – area of coastline south of Huttel’s Reef dotted with dozens of natural rock formations similar to gigantic ‘teeth’ rising up from the waters, making naval navigation along this stretch virtually impossible except by small vessels with exceptional crews.
- Alsind Valley – river valley and flood plains skirted by forests, alpine near the mountains transitioning to deciduous further south.
- Delldund Forests – stretching from south of the Flats of Sadiz northeast, between the flats and the Mielig River. Ancient, Old-Growth forest, very dense flora and fauna.
- Kardus River – branching-off from the Mielig about 2/3 of the way through the Delldund forests, flowing East into Lake Cael.
- Eere Dal – highlands that spread from Lake Besmus to King’s Cliffs on the coast just south of the Algranor mountains.
- Kings Cliffs – high cliffs overlooking the Sapphire Coast.
- Southlands – dense, hot region largely unexplored, descending from the southern edge of the Dagger Coast to the Sioline Sea.