NOTE: This entry applies to half-orcs belonging to a Mountain Orc tribe. Half-orcs brought-up in another culture will have the Languages and any special traits available to that culture (ie Flats Wanderer ), and will not automatically know Orga. They will not have the Weapon Familiarity trait listed below, or access to special mountain orc items.
+2 to One Ability Score
- Medium: no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: base speed of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: 60 feet.
- Intimidating: +2 racial bonus on Intimidate checks due to their fearsome nature.
- Orc Blood: count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.
- Orc Ferocity: Once per day, when a mountain half-orc is brought below 0 hit points but not killed, he can fight on for 1 more round as if disabled. At the end of his next turn, unless brought to above 0 hit points, he immediately falls unconscious and begins dying.
- Weapon Familiarity: Proficient with greataxes and falchions and treat any weapon with the word “orc” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Orga Bonus Languages: Rol, Kent, Ehelah, Bahia, Veltane
Mountain Orc tribes fashion the following crude items for use in raids:
Battle Mask: Made from wood, bone, or similar materials, this mask covers its wearer’s actual appearance and identity by depicting a hateful, leering face instead. Because of a battle mask’s excellent craftsmanship and exquisite details, the wearer gains a +1 bonus on Intimidate checks made to demoralize an opponent.
Tribal Standard: Mounted on a sturdy 15-foot pole, this flag inspires all orcs belonging to the tribe it represents. As long as they are within 60 feet and can see the standard, they gain a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects. The standard must be carried in one hand by a member of the tribe to have any effect (it provides no bonus if hung on a wall, draped over a throne, and so on). If the standard is brought low (such as by its bearer dropping it in the mud), defiled, destroyed, or captured, the tribe’s members take a –1 penalty on attack rolls and saving throws versus fear effects for the next hour. If the mountain orcs reclaim a captured standard, the penalties end and the bonus is restored.